Open source game engine
KGE 0.1.0 Released
Kochol Game Engine 0.1.0 released.
The new features in this version
- OpenGL render plugin added.
- This version has OpenGL renderer plugin that uses CG shaders for shader language. So many parts of engine can now be rendered with OpenGL. The Renderer interface refactored a lot in this version to support OpenGL renderer.
- Task manager
- Task manager implemented in this version to add multithreading functionality to engine.
- Entity system
- A component base and multithreaded entity system implemented in this version that can handle game logics easily.
- File system
- The new file system design can virtually load files from internet, archives or any where
The complete changes are:
- Add EntitySystem tool
- Add 08EntitySystem tutorial
- Upgraded from SDL 1.2 to SDL 2.0
- Add mouse wheel event listener
- Add LoaderDDS for loading DDS textures with this loader
- Add Stream class for streaming data from varius locations
- Add FileSystem and FileSystemManager for serching a file in different locations.
- Add Renderer_ogl plugin
- Refactor the Renderer class
- Remove some gui classes
- Add CG shaders to opengl renderer plugin
- Add KgeThread
- Add KgeMutex
- Add TaskManager
- Add TaskManagerThread
- Add Task interface
- Add TaskGroup
- Update CPU class
- Update Timer class to work with SDL
- Add TSQueue a Tread Safe Queue
- Add KgeLock to make use of KgeMutex easier